Apple TV Plus also allows you to download series for offline use, which is useful if, for example, you are on vacation and do not have an internet connection. Tech largest shows you how to watch Apple TV Plus offline.
How to use Apple TV Plus offline: here’s how
Like other streaming services – like Netflix, Videoland, Disney Plus and Amazon Prime Video – Apple TV Plus offers the option to download movies and series for offline use. This means you don’t need an internet connection to watch content, which is great if you have bad internet on the go, or a limited data bundle.
Downloading series on Apple TV Plus, such as See, The Morning Show and Dickinson, is very simple, although you need to know for a moment where exactly the function sees. Follow the steps below to download episodes on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the TV app on your iPhone or iPad and go to the series you want to download;
- With each episode, you will see a blue download icon (a cloud with an arrow pointing down). Tap this to start downloading;
- In the tab ‘Library’ you can follow the download progress under ‘Downloaded’. It may take a moment for your iPhone or iPad to save the episode (s);
- Once the downloads are in, you no longer need an internet connection to watch Apple TV Plus.
Delete downloaded series
Once you have finished watching, it is useful to delete the saved episodes because otherwise, they will take up unnecessary storage space on your iOS device. You can remove downloads as follows:
- Open the TV app and go to the ‘Library’ tab;
- At ‘Downloaded’ you will see the option ‘Change’ at the top right. Press this;
- Then you can tap on the episodes you want to delete and confirm with ‘Delete’ at the top right.
More about Apple TV Plus
Apple TV Plus is Apple’s answer to Netflix. The streaming service only has exclusive documentaries, films and series. Apple TV Plus costs 4.99 euros per month, but thanks to the free trial week you can see if you like the service without any caveats.
Are you getting an Apple product soon? Then you get a year of Apple TV Plus for free. In our updated Apple TV Plus review, we tell whether the service is worth paying.