If you use the standard Calendar app a lot, it is useful if you know how to share it. In this article, we will show you how to share the iPhone calendar with others.
Easily share your iPhone calendar
Although many iPhone owners use the agenda for their personal daily schedule, the application is also suitable for several people at the same time. Think of a specific agenda for your work, or when you share your schedule with someone. By going through the six steps below, you can easily share your iPhone calendar.
- Open the Settings app and go to ‘iCloud’. Make sure the switch behind ‘Calendars’ is checked;
- Open the Calendar app and press ‘Calendars’ at the bottom;
- Then tap ‘Change’ at the top left;
- You see all your different agendas. Choose one (for example Work or Home);
- Under the heading ‘Shared with:’ choose ‘Add someone …’;
- Enter the name of the person you want to share your calendar with.
In the last step, it is important to keep in mind that the app first searches for people from your contact list. You can do this by tapping the plus next to the name. If the person in question is not in your contact list, you can still add it by entering his or her email address. An invitation is then sent, after which the person has direct access to your agenda.
In the same menu, you can keep track of who you have added at any time. You also have the choice to allow editing, so that others have the option to enter data. If you eventually change your mind, you can choose to deny a person access to your agenda with the ‘Stop sharing’ button at the bottom of the menu.