WhatsApp has had a dark mode since the beginning of this year and this appearance can now also be conjured up for the web version, Tech largest via a trick.
WhatsApp is mainly used on your phone, but there is also a web version that you can use in the browser on your laptop or PC. Facebook, the owner of WhatsApp, has not yet provided this web version with dark mode, but you can still activate this mode via a detour.
Are you a fan of a dark theme not only on your phone, but also on your desktop? In the following step-by-step plan, we explain how to provide the web version of WhatsApp with a dark theme.
WhatsApp Web dark mode
– Open WhatsApp Web via this link
– Open WhatsApp on your phone
– Tap on ‘Menu’ and select ‘WhatsApp Web’
– Scan the code via WhatsApp on your phone
– Now right-click anywhere on the screen and click ‘Inspect’ to open the console
– Search the top of the code for <body class = “web”>
Web in this code represents the theme you will see in WhatsApp. If you make this “web dark”, you will see the dark theme
– Click on the line <body class = “web”> on your right mouse button and select ‘Edit as HTML’
– Change <body class = “web”> to <body class = “web dark”>
– Tap the cross to exit the console and use the dark theme
Forcing this dark mode does come with a drawback. If you refresh or close the page and reopen it, you will have to repeat the trick. You can of course also wait until Facebook integrates dark mode into the web version of WhatsApp. Are you going to use this trick or would you rather wait for Facebook? Let us know in the comments below this article.