Not quite sure which iPhone you have? You can easily find that in your settings. We tell you how to check which iPhone you are using.
Which iPhone do I have? That’s how you find out
Apple releases several new iPhones every year that sometimes look very similar. The iPhone SE 2020 and iPhone 8, for example, have roughly the same design. In this article, we’ll consider two ways to check which iPhone you have.
1. In the settings
Firstly, you can check which iPhone you have via the settings:
- On your iPhone, go to settings and tap your name;
- Scroll down to see an overview of your Apple devices;
- Tap your iPhone (it usually says “iPhone of [your name]”).
You will now see an overview of the device information. You will see the name of the model, but also which iOS version you have and the serial and IMEI number.
2. On the back
There is another way to find out which iPhone you have. If you look at the back of an iPhone 7 (or an older model), you will see ‘Model A….’ with a four-digit code behind the A. New iPhones only have this number on the box. These numbers represent the model of iPhone you have:
- A2218, A2161, A2220: iPhone 11 Pro Max
- A2160, A2215, A2217: iPhone 11 Pro
- A2111, A2221, A2223: iPhone 11
- A2275, A2298, A2296: iPhone SE 2020
- A1921, A2101, A2102, A2104: iPhone XS Max
- A1984, A2105, A2106, A2108: iPhone XR
- A1920, A2097, A2098, A2100: iPhone XS
- A1865, A1901, A1902: iPhone X
- A1864, A1897, A1898: iPhone 8 Plus
- A1863, A1905, A1906: iPhone 8
- A1661, A1784, A1785: iPhone 7 Plus
- A1660, A1778, A1779: iPhone 7
- A1634, A1687, A1699: iPhone 6S Plus
- A1633, A1688, A1700: iPhone 6S
- A1522, A1524, A1593: iPhone 6 Plus
- A1549, A1586, A1589: iPhone 6
- A1662, A1723, A1724: iPhone SE
- A1453, A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530, A1533: iPhone 5S
- A1456, A1507, A1516, A1529, A1532: iPhone 5C
- A1428, A1429, A1442: iPhone 5
- A1387, A1431: iPhone 4S
- A1332, A1349: iPhone 4
- A1303, A1325: iPhone 3GS
- A1241, A1324: iPhone 3G
From the iPhone 8, you can therefore no longer find the model number on the back of your device. Curious about what you can do with your type of iPhone? Then take a look at our iPhone comparator.
Would you like to buy a new iPhone and do you want to know which iPhone model suits you best? Take a look at our iPhone price comparison. Have you bought a new iPhone? On Techlargest look more convenient iPhone tips, like how everything easy transfers to a new iPhone.